The Hopewell Brewing Company is a craft brewery and taproom located in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago. We operate a production brewery, taproom and self-distribution network. Our focus is on clean, bright beer with the goal of creating a high quality product that is welcoming to all.
We are seeking a full-time brewer to assist with all levels of production from brewing to keg washing & filling to packaging. We are a relatively new business that is rapidly growing, so we are seeking a brewer who is adaptable and flexible. This will be a salaried position with health and dental benefits.
At Hopewell, we have a 20bbl brewhouse with fermentation, centrifuge, and keg cleaner/filler. We are also planning on a small amount of bottling in the future.
- Running brewhouse operations on our 20 barrel system
- Perform CIP cycles on fermenters, brite tanks, and brewhouse
- Package beer into kegs for distribution and taproom
- Manage walk-in cooler organization and inventory
- Two years experience in a production brewery position
- Ability to demonstrate strong work ethic
- Brewery production - milling, brewhouse activity, fermentation monitoring, centrifuging, racking into kegs
- Experience with CIP and sanitary product handling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Flexible hours, averaging 40 hrs per week
- Valid driver’s license
- Mechanical or engineering experience
- Certification from accredited brewing program
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter (as separate attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Brewer Application as the subject line.
The Hopewell Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, citizenship, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or partnership status, disability, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offense or stalking, or any other category protected by law.